Thursday, October 10, 2013

EOC Week 1: Voice

The government name is Miguel. Call me MOOSE. I am a curator of sound and a creator of music. As a student I obsess over presentation and how a quality final product is supposed to sound. As a record producer, I am obsessed with the creation process of sounds. From sequencing drum patterns, to crafting melodies and groovy rhythms, I aim to advance the way songs and albums are put together.  As a songwriter, I use it as an avenue to tell the stories of the life I lived in and the world that I lived in. As an audio mixer, I’m meticulously working with levels and EQs to create the richest sound possible. I was predetermined to love it from birth. My earliest memories have to be the countless hours I spent as a child listening to classic MoTown, soul and funk ballads driving with ma dukes to her work. Much like extended exposure to radiation, music has changed my whole being. From the first rap I wrote n 4th grade, I dreamed of doing nothing else but to be considered as great as those musicians I looked up to. Today I am steadfast in achieving that dream. If it has taught me anything, it’s to stay true to myself. For as long as I live, sound will always be the truest thing I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment